It’s February midterm holidays and schools are out! Why not take a break in the Lake District? All the usual attractions and amenities are open, as are the shops, restaurants, pubs, etc. So, if you are looking for a getaway without having to forgo any if your usual home comforts, why not try a stay-cation in the Lake District? It has the most wonderful scenery and we will make you most welcome in our bed and breakfast guest house, Blenheim Lodge.
Blenheim Lodge is peacefully situated off the main roads in Bowness on Windermere, and boasts some truly stunning views of Lake Windermere and the Lakeland mountains. However, a short 5-minute walk will take you to the centre of Bowness town and Lake Windermere, where you can access year-round amenities and attractions. Our hilltop position means that you will be able to enjoy peace and quiet without the irritating noises of passing traffic and pedestrian footfall as well as late night revellers.
For those of you who enjoy walking, it is but a minute’s stroll to acres of open fell land into which our former gentleman’s residence nestles. Indeed our guest house is the first guest accommodation off The Dales Way Walk in Bowness-on-Windermere. Explore pretty footpaths and make your way to viewpoints from which you can admire far-reaching lake and mountain views. On a clear day, you can see right over to Morecambe Bay.
We currently have one of our best B&B deals available: stay from only £39.50 per person per night for bed and breakfast. We have single, double, twin and triple rooms and all our rooms have a view of Lake Windermere and the fells, or a countryside view. Prices include free country club membership and, for the keen angler, 2 free local fishing permits. We also have a free private on-site car park. Note that these prices are only available when booking by telephone or email.
It really is the best of both worlds when you stay at Blenheim Lodge:
- stay for a tranquil retreat away from the madding crowd, yet be located close enough for an easy 5-minute walk to local attractions and amenities
- bag a fantastic view when you book one of our lovely quirky rooms, each with their own unique character
- if you want to stretch your legs and enjoy the countryside without having to drive there even when you first arrive, Brant Fell is quite literally in our backyard – or, rather, our B&B backs into Brant Fell
- take advantage of our central (yet charmingly rural) location – explore National Trust acres and hike to 4 viewpoints from our door (think of us as being located with the countryside to our back and Bowness centre to the front of our house)
- finally, if you wish to explore the Lake District, Blenheim Lodge is ideally placed for public and private transport links, and we can also arrange return sightseeing tours.
Come stay with us at Blenheim Lodge and make our B and B your home away from home. If you have any specific activity interests, let us know and we will do our best to help you take advantage of the opportunities available here in the Lakes. So, if you are looking for a friendly, welcoming and homely place to call your own whilst you are visiting the Lake District, do come and stay with us. You will find a warm welcome here.
Blenheim Lodge . . . panoramic Lake views, peace and tranquillity, nestled against acres of beautiful fields and woodlands, in the heart of the English Lake District National Park.’
Visit our website: www.blenheim-lodge.com
Telephone: 015394 43440
Leave a Reply