New Year’s Day is past and now it is time to plan on making a fuss of one very special person in your life – your significant other. What better time is there than Valentine’s Day? Plan something special – like a relaxing getaway for just the two of you – and let your special someone know how much you love him or her. At Blenheim Lodge, we can help you organise a splendid break for a romantic Valentine’s Day escape.
We have 8 double bedrooms at Blenheim Lodge, 7 of which have lovely Lake Windermere and fell views – some stupendously so – and 1 of which has a tranquil peaceful view of National Trust countryside, fields and woodland. Why not choose one of our rooms for a romantic break? We have rooms to suit all budgets. Note that we have not increased our prices for the past few years, and are in fact offering 8% discount off an extended stay of 3 or more nights when booking a room during this peak period. (The usual length of stay at Valentine’s Day weekend is 2 nights. Book extra nights, and we will take 8% off the price of the third and subsequent nights.)
Our smallest bedroom is called The Poppies. This is a small ground floor double room with a nice walk-in shower en-suite and a view to the north of Lake Windermere. The price for this room during Valentine’s Day weekend is £53.50 per person per night for Bed and Breakfast. However, stay a third night or more and pay 8% less for those extra nights.
One of our standard rooms is The Attic, which has a private bathroom with a freestanding claw-foot slipper bath. The Attic can also promise some stunning views of Lake Windermere and the fells when one looks out of its velux window. This quirky room holds a number of original Victorian age furnishings, and has a character all of its own. During Valentine’s Day weekend, The Attic is priced at £58 per person per night for Bed and Breakfast. With our special offer, guests who stay a third night or more will pay 8% less for those subsequent nights.
The concept of romance is often encapsulated in the presentation of a room with a 4-poster bed. We have 2 rooms with 4-poster beds at Blenheim Lodge, both of which feature unique early 19th century mahogany 4-posters. The larger of these 4-poster rooms is The Langdale, which features a magnificent William IV 5-foot kingsize 4-poster hung with silk drapes and a silk covered canopy. Situated in a room the size of a drawing room, The Langdale offers a small seating area in its huge bay windows, from which can be seen panoramic views of Old Bowness, Lake Windermere and the surrounding fells. The tariff for The Langdale during Valentine’s Day weekend is £76 per person per night for Bed and Breakfast. Stay a third night or more and our special offer of 8% discount for subsequent nights will automatically kick in.
We hope that the description of these 3 rooms will give you an idea of what our accommodation at Blenheim Lodge Guest House is like. Do browse our website for more information about our rooms (www.blenheim-lodge.com/rooms.php) where you may choose one to suit you and your other half. If you require help with organising some treats for your loved one, we can help arrange flowers of your choice with your own message, chocolate truffles made by a chocolatier, champagne or wine, a yacht cruise with lunch or dinner, or perhaps dinner at a lovely restaurant on your behalf. And if your special person enjoys specific activities or foods, we will do our best to help with these arrangements too.
So, what can Blenheim Lodge offer if you were to come stay with us? Well, here are some pointers.
- If you enjoy looking out onto open views from your bedroom or our guest lounge, we can offer some wonderful vistas from our guest house.
- Our hilltop location offers peace, quiet and relaxation, without being more than a 5-minute walk into the centre of bustling Bowness-on-Windermere with all its attendant amenities, Lake Windermere, and the pier. Thus, the best of both worlds!
- If you like good old fashioned hospitality, we will dish out lots of this within the characterful setting of our 1868 guest house in the heart of the Lake District National Park.
- Our guest rooms offer quirky character and charm, with comfortable bespoke mattresses for an excellent night’s sleep. (Admittedly, some of our shower en-suites are on the small side, but all are clean and contain the usual facilities: from a shower to a toilet, sink, large mirror with overhead electric shaver socket and light, bathroom shelves and hooks, and also good toiletries.)
- For guests who wish to try some delicious local produce, our butcher and dairy deliver fresh to our Bed and Breakfast daily.
- We have a car park on-site, offer free country club membership at a nearby leisure centre only 5 minutes’ walk from our home, and also 2 free local fishing permits, the latter on a first come first served basis.
- And if you wish to stretch your legs on arrival or simply enjoy country walks: well, Blenheim Lodge nestles into a fell, and The Dales Way Walk and access to acres of National Trust land and 4 viewpoints are just a minute’s stroll from our front door!
- Lastly, if you want to explore the Lakes and need a helping hand organising this, we can sort out sightseeing, walking and riding forays as well as other activities to help you get the most out of your stay.
What an exciting and enjoyable Valentine’s Day weekend it could be! Or any other midweek or weekend break, of course! And romance can be realised anytime too!
Blenheim Lodge . . . panoramic Lake views, peace and tranquillity, nestled against acres of beautiful fields and woodlands, in the heart of the English Lake District National Park.’