Autumn is beautiful in the English Lake District. In fact, it is probably my favourite season of the year, closely followed by Winter. Are you an Autumn lover? Do you enjoy the whoosh of warm/cool breezes brushing against your cheeks? Do Autumn colours make you go “Wow!”? Shall we, together, number some of the reasons why we love Autumn in the English Lake District?
Reasons for loving Autumn in the English Lake District
- Colours, colours, colours! The amazing kaleidoscope of Autumn reds, golds, yellows, browns, oranges and evergreens greet walkers and sightseers alike with cheerful warmth despite the onset of Winter to come.
- Walks in scrunchy-leaved woodlands; hikes up scenic fells; lakes and tarns dressed in Autumn glory; rushing rivers wending their way past the intrepid explorer, their powerful watercourses perhaps enhanced by cascading waterfalls loud in decibels: absorb, if you can, all that glory of Nature!
- Warm spaces for soothing cold fingertips around welcoming mugs of hot tea, coffee . . . or SOUP! Try a local cafe or friendly pub for heartwarming Cumbrian grub and that delicious slice of cake for dessert. Treat yourself!
- Shop for Christmas! There are still many independent shops in the English Lake District, where you might find that unique something for someone special.
- Explore, explore, explore! The Lake District National Park has been voted as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There is more to see than meets the eye. (At Blenheim Lodge, we can help arrange tours to many amazing places to visit with pick up and drop off at our B&B if you prefer not to drive.)
Autumn breaks SPECIAL OFFER at Blenheim Lodge
Book an Autumn stay with us at Blenheim Lodge, and receive a discount on your B&B stay. Enjoy your very own picture window onto England’s largest lake, Windermere, from any of our 10 Lake-facing rooms; or choose The Dalesway for a fell-side outlook onto Brant Fell and The Dales Way Footpath, after which this bedroom was named. We offer single, double, twin and triple accommodation in rooms full of individual character and charm. Presently, we are offering an extended Black Friday deal of up to £10 OFF per room per night on all our already well-priced double, twin, and triple rooms until 9 April 2020. We also have a FREE NIGHT OFFER DEAL when guests book and stay 8 nights at our Lodge. Breakfast, of course, included. Our pretty single en-suite rooms with amazing Lake Windermere and fell views are also competitively priced from £69 per night B&B.
We are also offering another opportunity to enjoy Lake Windermere to our guests at Blenheim Lodge: take advantage of a 10% discount coupon we have negotiated on some cruises run by Windermere Lake Cruises. Take one of these cruises and enjoy a fabulous day out. You can sail to Waterhead, and then walk the mile into Ambleside if you are so minded. Alternatively, you can sail to Lakeside and enjoy a vintage train ride as well as the Lakeland Motor Museum nearby. We have the timetable for Windermere Lake Cruises readily available in our B&B, so you easily plan your day. Combined cruise and activity/attraction tickets are also available. Just remember to check which cruises the 10% discount coupon is applicable to!
So, if you are thinking of taking a break just before Christmas, why not book our Bowness on Windermere B&B for that well-earned break? Make your getaway before the busy festive season, and relax with nothing to do except to enjoy yourselves. To take advantage of our discount deal, you can book our AA 4-Star Bowness on Windermere Bed and Breakfast by phone or online. Remember! This offer is only applicable to DIRECT BOOKINGS. Ring our doorbell at Blenheim Lodge, and expect a warm welcome! We look forward to sharing our wonderful part of the world with you!
Blenheim Lodge . . . panoramic Lake views, peace and tranquillity, nestled against acres of beautiful fields and woodlands, in the heart of the English Lake District National Park.’
Visit our website: www.blenheim-lodge.com
Phone: 00 44 (0)15394 43440