Christmas is coming! Everyone knows that, but amid the mayhem of pain and loss that so many of us have experienced in this year of 2020, it’s difficult to imagine how one can get away from it all in hopes of staying sane. Well, how about this? Let’s DO IT! GET AWAY FROM IT ALL! Surely this must be a most perfect Christmas gift for leaving the hurts and humdrum behind to simply enjoy the innocent pleasures of the individual me time or togetherness with your special someone.
During a busy and, let’s face it, anachronistic, year, there has been SO MUCH to think about besides gift-giving. Many, including me (!), have left everything to the last minute. So, if you are one of those last-minute Christmas present shoppers who simply can’t think of what to get for that special person or people you love, why not consider a getaway gift for them at Blenheim Lodge, our friendly and welcoming Lake District Guest House? To help you decide whether Blenheim Lodge is the right getaway place for you and yours or not, I have produced some quick facts below about our Bowness on Windermere B&B.
Quick facts about Blenheim Lodge
Built in 1868, Blenheim Lodge is a Victorian building retaining somewhat of its intrinsic architectural characteristics, with high ceilings and original covings in parts of our second floor bedrooms. One peculiar quirk I like is the partially retained servants’ bells box in our guest dining room.
- Our rooms are all different in size and structure, with nine having high ceilings, except for the two in our attic space, where there are areas of coombed ceiling in The Attic and The Eyrie bedrooms. Otherwise, even the ceilings on this second floor are of a decent height.
- Ten rooms have shower en-suites, with the 11th, The Attic, enjoying a bathroom with a deep clawfoot slipper bath.
- ALL of our rooms offer scenic views: from panoramic vistas of Lake Windermere and the fells from 10 bedrooms to tranquil views of Brant Fell’s fields and woodlands from The Dalesway bedroom.
- We have eight double rooms and three single rooms. The Dalesway, one of the eight double rooms, can also be used for twin or triple occupancy as it contains both a double bed and a single daybed furnished with a single mattress.
- We want very much to offer our guests a comfortable stay. To this end, our bedrooms feature deep comfortable handmade mattresses filled with natural materials such as sheep’s wool. The comments on this aspect of our rooms in particular are legion. Guests even ask us where we buy our mattresses from.
- Each bedroom has its own character. NONE are alike. We did this on purpose. Just as one’s own home doesn’t have identical rooms, so Blenheim Lodge – our home and our guests’ home from home – offers rooms with individual characteristics.
- We have a comfortable guest lounge overlooking Lake Windermere and the fells. (Unfortunately we have not been able to re-open the lounge and our pretty dining room recently in order to maintain social distancing rules and to keep touch points to the minimum for safety’s sake. Please do read our Covid-19 Precautions page as well as our Temporary Breakfast Menu page to understand what we are doing at present to help keep our guests and ourselves safe.)
- We have a private on-site car park for guests’ use when they are staying with us.
- Some best of alls? How about these? Returning guests to Blenheim Lodge tell us how much they enjoy the quietness, cleanliness, and friendliness at our Bowness Bed and Breakfast. They tell us how much they love being located only five minutes’ walk from the shores of Windermere and Bowness centre with all their facilities and attractions – but that up here, one can literally hear a pin drop! They also tell us how much they LOVE OUR BEDS! And that they have had the most comfortable sleep here – like sleeping on air! Better yet! They ask us where they can buy the same mattresses from!
LASTLY, BUT NOT LEAST, BOOK a stay at Blenheim Lodge only if you or the people you might give a voucher to enjoy quiet relaxing breaks. Blenheim Lodge B&B is best placed for such modest tranquil pleasant breaks and NOT SUITABLE at all for partying individuals intent on rowdy nights out and noisy early morning returns.
GIVE YOUR LOVED ONES A TREAT!
So, if you are wondering what to get someone for Christmas, why not contact us to purchase a voucher or break for that special person? It will give him, her, or them a breakaway at our B&B, which is situated in a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the opportunity of making holiday memories together!
Vouchers and Prices
Vouchers start at £50 and are good for 12 months from the date of purchase.
ALTERNATIVELY, if you know when the recipient of your gift is able to stay, you can also book a room and dates-specific voucher, so that the voucher can be used to pay for the recipient(s)’ stay in its entirety.
Generally, room prices start from £76 for a single en-suite room with Lake and fell views, and from £98 for a double en-suite room with Lake and fell views. Prices vary depending on Special Offers or the time of year, such as public holiday weekends.
Please feel free to ask any questions you may have via email or by phoning us on 00 44 (o)15394 43440. To find out more about our Bowness on Windermere Bed and Breakfast, please head to our website for more details.
How can we assist?
If you are getting away for a special occasion and need assistance with arranging unique touches like flowers or chocolates, please let us know in advance and we can sort these things out for you. For example, we can order bouquets to be delivered to your room on your behalf.
We are also very happy to help you book dinner at local restaurants, organise tours with local guides for door to door pick-ups, help you book activities, and even assist with airport transfers. Just ask! If we can help, we will!
And if you prefer to do things on your own but don’t know where to begin? We can either point you in the direction of the local Tourist Information Centre or do our best to give you some ideas ourselves. We can also send you links to websites to assist your research.
YOUR CHRISTMAS GIFT
Christmas will be here in less than a fortnight! If you have run out of ideas about what to give someone for Christmas, then do pick up the phone or tap out an email to check whether we might just have THE PERFECT GIFT FOR YOUR SPECIAL LOVED ONES.
We are not in the business of selling what might not be right for your gift – hence the warts and all information about our accommodation above. Tell us what you require, and the type of accommodation you need. If we don’t have it, we promise to say so! We would rather that you buy the absolutely perfect present for those you hold dear in your life.
Meanwhile, let me end by wishing one and all a blessed and safe Christmas 2020!
Blenheim Lodge . . . panoramic Lake views, peace and tranquillity, nestled against acres of beautiful fields and woodlands, in the heart of the English Lake District National Park.’
Visit our website: https://www.blenheim-lodge.com
Telephone: 015394 43440